Review Of The Best eye drops for stoners
Best Eye Drops For Stoner: How To Get Rid Of Red Eyes Caused By Smoking Weed
You aren’t ashamed that you are a stoner; but, it is none of anyone’s business that you do smoke. So, what can you do to prevent one of the most obvious signs of smoking weed: bloodshot, dilated, eyes. This article will tell you the optimum way to fix stoners eyes, and also the following:
- Reasons Why Your Eyes Get Blood Shot and Dilated When Stoned
- DIY Methods and Precautions for Reducing and Eliminating Stoner Eyes
- Best OTC Eye Drops For Weed Smokers
Please note, that none of the reviews specifically mention that they used any of these eye-drops to get rid of red eyes caused by using cannabis. However, some of these brands are specifically mentioned on various sites as being some of the best eye drops for stoners. So they all should be acceptable for helping you get rid of eye redness caused by cannabis.
Why Do I Get Red Eye When Smoking Weed?
One common misconception on why your eyes are affected by smoking weed is because of the cannabis smoke irritating your eyes. However, this is not the main reason for the redness as this eye redness is likely caused by allergy or your eyes being simply irritated from the smoke. However, cannabis or ANY type of smoke may irritate your eyes and cause redness.
Additionally, you still may get red eyes even if you are using edibles. So, if the smoke isn’t the reason, what is the reason? The answer is the cannabinoids in weed are what causes your eyes to turn red. The THC in weed lowers your blood pressure that causes dilation in your blood vessels and capillaries in your eyes. The increased blood flowing in your eyes in turn causes your eyes to turn red. By the way, this effect is also the reason why marijuana has been shown to help with glaucoma.
What Are The Best Way To Prevent Eye Redness?
Here, are few tips to help you prevent or reduce the redness that is associated with weed smoking. Some of these suggestions are common sense. However, it doesn’t hurt to be reminded of common sense sometimes. This list is based on what works well for reducing the need for eye drops for redness relief, also methods for getting rid of the dreaded red-eye.
● Lower THC-The higher the THC levels in cannabis the more likely you will be to get unsightly redness. So, if you are that worried about your eyes getting red you should try strains that have low THC. Also, if you are just wanting health benefits that are associated with weed and not the “high”, you should just try CBD.
● Hydration– Hydration can help reduce red eyes.
● Stay Home-If you are worried about your appearance, you should simply stay home to enjoy your cannabis. Just be sure to stock up on the munchies, beforehand.
● Plan Accordingly-You should plan to smoke or take edibles X hours before you have to go out in public. I.E. If you have an important family get together and you don’t want to show up stoned quit smoking at around five hours before the function. Also, refrain from edibles if you are worried about being out in public while stoned.
● Eye Drops-Try some over-the-counter eye drops that are specifically formulated to reduced eye redness. Some of the more popular eye drops that are specially meant to reduce or eliminate the dreaded “Red-Eye” are the following: Visine, Clear Eyes, Rotho-V, and Opcon-A. Each of these will be examined and reviewed below.
The Best Eyes Drops For Stoners
The following are a list of the most, highly rated, eye drops, that are sold on Amazon.
- Clear Eyes
Each of these eye drops will be reviewed in more detail below. Each of these drops is highly rated and has thousands of reviews. So, you can’t go wrong with any of these that are listed. So, take a look, read the reviews, and buy the solution that works best for you.
Don’t Go For The Lowest Bidder
It is not smart to go for the lowest bidder in certain areas. For example, it isn’t wise to get plastic surgery at a seedy motel room. https://www.click2houston.com/news/2018/11/09/women-conned-into-dangerous-plastic-surgery-in-houston-hotel-rooms/ You obviously, don’t want to mess with your eyes. So, getting a generic, no-name, eye drops need to be avoided. (Dollar store eye drops may be just fine. But, taking a chance of hurting your eyes is not worth saving a few dollars) Store brand eye drops, (I.E. Wallgreens, Wallmart, etc.) should not be an issue. But, by all means, avoid, cheap, dollar store eye drops. Luckily, the eye drops below are not that expensive. As a result, finding quality, affordable, eye-drops for you shouldn’t be a problem.
Rotho-V is a lesser-known, eye-drop brand and also has far fewer reviews than other drops on Amazon. It is though a quite popular, worldwide brand. However, I am including this brand as it has been recommended by several top-name cannabis sites are being among the “Best Eye Drops For Stoners.”
Three Pack of .4 Fluid Ounce Bottles
- Naphazoline hydrochloride-0.012% (Redness Reliever)
- Polysorbate- 80.02% (Helps Moisturize your Eyes)
- Benzalkonium chloride
- Boric Acid
- Alcohol (0.1%)
- Purified Water, Sodium Borate,
- Edetate disodium
● Highly Rated-For a sizeable amount of reviews. Also, they’re no one or two-star review.
● Enthusiastic Reviews-Maybe hyperbole; but certain customers highly praise Rotho as being “The Best Eye Drops Ever.”
● Best Eye Drops-A few highly rated and respected cannabis authorities specifically recommend the Rotho as working well for getting rid of bloodshot eyes from weed smoking.
● Stings-A few poor ratings stated that the eye drops stung quite a bit when put in eyes.
● Comfort-A few stated that the drops did work well in giving redness relief and helping with eye discomfort.
● Limited Options-Only comes in the three-pack of .4 fluid ounces.
Visine Red Eye Comfort Eye Drop
Visine eye drops are, at least for me, are what people think of when they are thinking about over the counter eye drops. And these Visine eye drops that are being reviewed are specifically touted as being able to help you get rid of bloodshot eyes. But, do they get the job done?
- Tetrahydrozoline HCl 0.05% (Relieves Redness)
- Sodium phosphate
- Boric acid
- Ascorbic acid
- Magnesium Chloride
- Potassium Chloride
- Purified Water
- Sodium Borat
- Sodium Xitrate
- Sodium Lactate
● Highly Rated- Nearly a five-star reviews with over 1,000 reviews
● Envagilists-Many users note that Visine is a popular product that gets the job done, and there is no need to change.
● Good Price
● Gets The Job Done- Many reviews claim that, after trying various different eye drops, Visine Anti- Redness works better for them.
● Redness- These are specifically marketed for red-eyes, and the reviewer states that they do in fact work well for helping with red-eyes.
● Convenience-I comes is a small size, which makes it work well for carrying it in your pocket, purse, etc.
● Long-Lasting- Not a trend. But a few comments stated that the redness relief is not that long-lasting.
● Long Term Use- A reviewer said that his doctor told him that they should not be for the long term. (I have no proof of this however, for those that will use these on a regular basis, it might be something you would want to investigate)
● Dry Your Eyes-Reviewer stated that Visine eye drops cause dry eyes, which will force you to use them regularly.
● Animal Testing-A one-star review stated that these eye drops are tested on rabbits in an inhumane matter. (May or may not be true. However, I believe it may be true as the seller did not reply to the accusation)
● Eye Irritation- A few users stated that he had major eye irritation after using these eye drops.
Clear Eyes Eye Drops Redness Relief
● 2.2 Fl Ounces. (pack of 1)
● 1 fl oz.-3
● .2 FL oz. (Pack of 12)
● .5 Fl Oz. (Pack of Three)
- Naphazoline Hydrochloride 0.012% (Relieves the Redness)
- Glycerin 0.25% (Lubricant),
- Edetate Disodium
- Boric Acid
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Purified Water
- Sodium Borate
● BestSeller- #8 Bestseller on Amazon for Eye drops.
● Rated Highly- Almost 5.0 average out of nearly 5,000 ratings.
● Size-The small-sized bottle is perfect for carrying around with you. The 12 pack of small bottles is especially convenient.
● Eye-Dryness- Works well for helping with dry eyes along with removing red, bloodshot eyes.
● Gets the Job Done-Reviewer stated that Clear Eyes, Eye drops work well for getting rid of red eyes. (Reviewer mentioned that his red-eyes were because of allergies.
● Cheap Price
● US Only Shipping- This supplier for Clear Eyes stated that they can only shop within the US or to military (APO, FPO) addresses.
● Not As Effective-A reviewer remarked that the product take a long time to work if it even works at all. The user specifically stated that Visine All-Day-Comfort eye-drops are a better option.
There are many choices for eye drops out there. So, it can get a bit confusing. Also, as the eye-drops may have different ingredients, one eye drop may work well for someone and either not work for others and can even cause eye irritation. For example, Clear Eyes’ main ingredient for getting rid of red in eyes is Naphazoline Hydrochloride, and Visine’s main ingredient is Tetrahydrozoline HCL. I am by no means a chemist. But, does not seem to be outlandish to think that different people will react differently to different chemicals. So, my overall advice is basically common sense in that you should try a smaller amount, see how it works, and if it doesn’t work, try another brand and then rinse and repeat as needed.