Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent Reviews
Is The Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent A Good Choice For A Cheap Indoor Grow Setup?
Apollo Horticulture 4'x4' Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent Review
The Apollo Horticulture 4’ by 4’ (”Apollo”) grow tent is the eighth best selling grow tent on Amazon, and it also has the most reviews at over 600. Therefore, Apollo is heavily vetted. Also, it is very cheap.
So, as it is a budget grow tent, you can’t reasonably expect it to be as perfect as a $1,000+ professional grow tent. However, no matter what price you pay for you, you should at least get a model, which works reasonably well.
So, does the Apollo Grow Tent, get the job done? Is the Apollo only sufficient for a cheap grow tent setup? Is the Apollo among the best grow tents available for its price? You will soon find out by reading below.
- Dimensions: 4’x4’
- Exterior Fabric: The specific exterior covering is not listed. However, they do mention thick fabric and quality double stitching.
- Inner Fabric: Mylar
- Warranty: 90-day warranty, with a 30-day money back guarantee
- Value: Many reviewers note, that for the money Apollo is an excellent Grow Tent.
- Sturdy Fabric: Recent 2019, five-star reviews state that the Apollo has sturdy fabric.
- Extensively Vetted: The Apollo has over 640 reviews as of the time of this review in Spring 2019. Therefore, it is reasonable to assume, that problems rarely mentioned, could likely be an anomaly.
- Highly Rated: 84% four and five-star ratings out of over 640 reviews.
- Sufficiently Light Proof: It is not, totally, light proof. However, if you keep this tent in the dark area, it will do just fine and can easily be fixed with either sealant or duct tape.
- Customer Service: A few complaints concerning sub-par customer service where they were missing pieces, and it took customer service a long time to get back to the client.
- Water Leaks: A verified purchasers noted that the tent leaked water, which resulted in damage to his apartment. One reviewer stated the reason for the leak was that the bottom tray that collected the water did not fully cover the bottom of the tent.
- No Observation Window: This is an issue as there are several complaints concerning the Apollo’s zipper having a tendency to catch on the fabric.
- Assembly: Even the five-star reviews mentioned that the Apollo was tough to assemble and that two people are required to put the grow tent up. One reviewer even stated that putting up the Apollo, grow tent was like going inside Dante’s “Seventh Circle in Hell.”
- Light Leakage: Minor to sever light leakage (depending on the review) located where the canvas is folded near the vents.
- Dark Area: Even a few five and four-star reviews mentioned that Apollo has problems with light leakage. Therefore, for best results, the Apollo should only be used in a dark area, such as a closet or attic.
- Flowering: To used for the flowering stage of growth you’ll need to seal up pinholes to reduce the light leakage.
First of all, as long as you have realistic expectations, for the average hobbyist cannabis grower, the Apollo is an excellent choice for a cheap grow tent. At the Apollo’s price level, you are not going to get a perfectly light proof grow tent, and it is not going to be a sturdy as higher priced grow tents. But, based upon the Apollo’s 641 reviews and a 4.2 rating, the Apollo grow tent serves the purpose for, which it was intended for: grow cannabis and other plants. Therefore, as long as you place your tent in a dark environment and you don’t move your grow tent around a lot, it will most likely suit your needs.
4.2 out of 5 Stars, based on 642 reviews
Click the following link below to find out my choice for the Best Grow Tents