Cannabis Hydroponic Light Systems Guide
Hydroponics gardening is a popular method for growing
Elsewhere, I have included the advantages of LED lighting. So, I won’t go in depth into that in this article.
What Is Hydroponic Gardening?
Hydroponic gardening occurs is when plants are grown, without soil, in different substances or mediums (sand, liquid, gravel )using additional nutrients. Hydroponically grown
What Are The Pros and Cons Of Using A Hydroponic Lighting System?
Their are several reasons for choosing to use hydroponics, some of which, are the following:
- Higher Yields:
Cannabisplants grown hydroponically will have a greater yield because hydroponics allows you to place your plants closer than if you were planting outside.
- Water Conservation: At first this doesn’t make sense. But, with hydroponics, you will use up to ten times less water than if you were to plant your
cannabisoutdoors. The reason for this is because hydroponic systems recycle the water, while the same water would be wasted when cannabisis grown outdoors.
- All Year Growing, Anywhere: An indoor hydroponic system allows you to grow
cannabisall year and in any environment.
- Space Saver: As stated above, a hydroponic growing system allows you to place your marijuana plants closer together.
There are, however, a few disadvantages to growing
Disease: Soil acts as a barrier for disease and
Installation: Setting up your hydroponic growing system requires more time and technical knowledge than traditional gardening.
Popular Hydroponic Gardening Systems
The most commonly used hydroponic systems are the following:
Plants are placed on a floating platform with the plant roots being submerged in nutrient-enriched water where a pump provides oxygen to water, which in turn your fertilizes a
Ebb and Flow
Plants grow through a medium or substance while nutrient-enriched water is pumped to its roots, while the water circulates back into your water source. Some of the most popular mediums are clay, peat moss, sand, gravel, Rockwood,coco coir, perlite, and vermiculite.
The plant roots are placed in a closed area and are sprayed with nutrient-enriched water via a fine mist. Aeroponics is among the most expensive type of hydroponic gardening.
Nutrient Film Technique
Hydroponic Nutrient Requirement
Nutrient-enriched water is used in hydroponic gardening of
- Nitrogen: Is the number one nutrient that is needed for hydroponic gardening as it produces chlorophyll (makes plants green) and helps the various proteins blend together. Low Nitrogen will result in your plants having yellowish leaves, and the plant’s growth will be stunted.
- Potassium: Potassium is the second most needed nutrient needed in hydroponics. Potassium helps regulate plants water levels and forms a plants shape, color, and many other essential functions.
- Phosphorus: Phosphorus provides energy to numerous, vital, plant functions.
- Magnesium: Magnesium helps with developing chlorophyll, and it also helps with the
cannabisplant growth. Magnesium deficiencies result in lower photosynthesis, which will, in turn, result in your cannabisyields being reduced.Calcium: Calcium helps reduce cellular walls, which results in reduced bruising and crop diseases. If you don’t have enough calcium, your cannabisplants growth may be stunted.
- Calcium: Calcium helps reduce cellular walls, which results in reduced bruising and crop diseases. If you don’t have enough calcium, your
cannabisplants growth may be stunted.
- SULFUR: Sulfur: Sulfur helps with the growth and proper coloring of plants. Sulfur deficiency retards plants growth and also can result in plants turning a pale yellow.
- Iron: An Iron deficiency leads to reduced chlorophyll, which results in the discoloration of
- Boron: Boron is necessary for developing marijuana plants roots and shoots. A sufficient amount of Boron is also needed during the flowering growth stage.
- Zinc: Zinc helps a plant produce essential hormones, which are used for preventing defects in
cannabisplants and other vital parts of your cannabisplant.
- Molybdenum: Molybdenum helps control the metabolism of nitrogen in plants.
Growing Marijuana hydroponically can be very rewarding as it has many advantages over, traditional, indoor and outdoor gardening systems. However, hydroponic gardening can be unforgiving if you make inevitable mistakes. So, if you want to take on the challenge of learning hydroponic gardening, I recommend that you start small, and keep a hydroponic lighting system on the side along with a traditional garden and then when you feel confident expand your hydroponic
Click, Best LED Grow Lights for information and reviews of the best grow lights.
And, GO HERE, for more info on the benefits of Hydroponics