Bloomspect 600W LED Grow Light Review
Is The Bloomspect The Best Sub $100 Grow Light?
The Bloomspect 600W (1,200W and 2,200W are also available) by is a Chinese manufactured full spectrum, LED, growlight that can be purchased for under $100.
At first glance, the Bloomspect's specifications for their 600W model is quite impressive. However, many LED grow light manufacturer's claims about specifications are either misleading or even downright false. So, the following question needs to be asked:
"Is the Bloomspect's LED grow light (600W) a good purchase or should you stay away from this cheap LED grow light?
Read more to find out . . .
- Chips: Dual Chip-Bridgelux-Series B600
Lighting: 600W at 60-10 Watt Bulbs
Energy Savings: Can substitute for a 600W, HID grow setup while using only 400 Watts.
Coverage Area: 2.5'x 2.5'
Reported Life: 100,000 Hours
Included Equipment:1-Light, 1-6' Power Cord, 1- Hanging Kit
Warranty: Two Year Warranty With A 30-Day Return
Customer Review Summary
- Excellent Value: This is the best grow light for the price as this 600W lamp features numerous features that generally only appear on higher priced LED lamps.
- Great Coverage: Each bulb has its own reflectors, which means coverage is improved.
- Durable: The 600W model had very few complaints concerning its bulbs burning out prematurely, and One verified purchase even mentioned that, after six months, their were no burned out bulbs.
- Temperature Control: The Bloomspect fan works quickly in getting the growing area at its optimum temperature.
- Excellent Reviews: Only nine one-star reviews out of 180 total reviews.
- Seedlings And Vegetation: This 600W lamp was praised for its working well for both cannabis seedlings and vegetation. This praise was even given by reviewers who complained about Bloomspects ability to work in the flowering growth stage.
- Coverage Area: Unlike other manufacturers, the coverage area listed by the manufacturer is said to be very accurate. This conclusion is based upon both positive mentions concerning the coverage and, also, the 600W had very few complaints concerning an exaggerated growth coverage area.
- Par Value: Bloomspect's par value is said to rival or even exceed many similar or even higher priced models.
- IV, UR: Bloomspect does not have a UV/IR feature, which is surprising because many other LED light manufacturers, at this price range, offer UV/IR. However, Bloomspect not having UV/IR may not be an issue because UV/IR exposure has not been scientifically proven to increase cannabis THC levels. But, 6+
- Customer Service: A Reviewer complained about customer service asking him to disassemble the light. However, Bloomspect replied that they only wanted the purchaser to see if a wire was loose. This is a "He Said," "She Said," situation. However, if you are not mechanically inclined, the Bloomspect may not be a good fit.
- Blooming: A few reviewers have complained that the 600W is not suitable for the flower growth stage in ccannabis.
- Daisy Chain: The 600W Bloomspect model, at one time, did have daisy chain (daisy chain allows you to connect grow lights together more easily) capability. However, the daisy chain capability is not shown on their product page, and reviewers noted that it was also missing. Assuming it is missing, I am baffled why Bloomspect decided not to include daisy chain capability for their latest 600W models as this was a great feature.
Based upon its impressive specifications, the Bloomspect's excellent reviews and its price, the 600W is NOW the best, under a $100 grow light. Granted, at least on Amazon, the Bloomspect isn't as well vetted as the Apollo (over 500 reviews) as it only has 180 reviews. However, Bloomspect does have 180 reviews, which is more than enough reviews to figure out the overall quality of the Bloomspect 600W LED Grow Light.
One minor complaint is that no UV/IR is included. First of all, as I said before, UV/IR exposure has not been proven to increase marijuana THC levels. So, UV/IR may not even be necessary. But, also if UV/IR does increase THC levels, I believe this complaint is not warranted based upon the lower price of this 600W lamp, and UV/IR lighting is not very expensive.
Assuming that Daisy Chain function was in fact removed by Bloomspect, it was a mistake. To put it in perspective, most under $100 models would not have daisy chain capability. However, since Bloomspect had this capability, at one time, it was not wise for them to remove that capability.
What I especially liked about the Bloomspect, is that there were few complaints concerning its bulbs prematurely burning out. Most LED grow lights, even the more expensive one, have numerous claims relating to bulbs dying out too early. For example, one purchaser stated that he had no problems with lights going out after six months of use. Also, the Bloomspect, like the quality fan and temperature control, has many indicators that signal that the 600W is well made.
4.5 stars out of 5 stars, based upon 180 reviews
The 600W is an excellent fit for beginning or hobbyist marijuana growers. And for its price, and features that it has, the Bloomspect simply can't beat. That's why I now consider the Bloomspect 600 LED to be the best under $100 LED grow light currently available.