Weed Growing Equipment For Grow Room
Essential Marijuana Equipment List
If you don't have all of the essential grow room equipment, you are doomed to failure. That is why this comprehensive gear list is so important. FYI- You may want to consider purchasing a marijuana growing kit, which may include all of the equipment below.
But, if you're going to buy your equipment individually, here is your list.
Mandatory Marijuana Growing Equipment
- Grow Lights: These are essential weed growing equipment because as you will be gardening indoors, you’ll need artificial light for your plants. For beginners, I would recommend either compact florescent light ("CFL") or LED lights. LED lights cost more. But with LED lights you’ll save on your power bills, and your yield will be better. However, LED lights have a bit of a learning curve. CFL lights are an excellent equipment choice for newbies or for those who only are wanting to grow one to two marijuana plants as they are quite easy to operate. However, compared to LED, CFL lights have a poor yield.
- Extraction Fans: Extraction fans, cycle fresh air in and out and keep your room or tent's temperature down. They're essential gear for any indoor weed operation. The number of fans that you’ll need depends upon the size of your growing space.
- Circulating Fan: A circulating fan helps replicate outdoor breezes. The only requirement is that they should have adjustable speed.
- Carbon Filters: Marijuana entering the flowering phase emits a robust and recognizable odor. C02 filters will help you eliminate this distinctive “weed" that comes from your plants.
- Medium: I don't know if technically medium can be classified as equipment. However, medium (what you are using to grow your plants) is very important. Regular potting soil is perfectly fine for beginners as it tends to be more forgiving of mistakes than hydroponic mediums like coco coir. Regular potting soil is perfectly fine for beginners as it tends to be more forgiving of mistakes than hydroponic mediums like coco coir.
- Fertilizer (Liquid): Quality fertilizer is a make it or break it moment. Buy fertilizer that contains the following: 7% nitrogen, 6% Potash, and 5% Phosphate.
- Watering Can: Your watering can should hold at least ten liters or three gallons. (This gardening equipment is so obvious that you may forget to buy it.)
- Timer: When growing indoors you will want to, as best as you can, mimic the outdoors. So, as the sun doesn’t shine 24 hours a day, you’ll need to turn your lights on and off during the day. Granted, if you don’t have a timer, you can turn your lights off and on manually. But, without a light timer, to assure a good harvest you’ll need to stay home and manually turn your lights on and off. Basically, a timer is essential equipment if you want to have a social life.
- Small Pots (One to Two Gallons): To prevent over watering, you’ll use small pots for weed clones and also marijuana seedlings. Every plant should have its own pot.
- Large Pots (Five To Seven Liters) : Large pots are where you want to transfer your plants when they get bigger and begin flowering.
- Thermometer/Hygrometer: To ensure an optimum yield, you will need to make sure your room or tents are at the correct temperature and at the optimum humidity. A combination of thermometer and hygrometer will allow you to do just that, and they are cheap at less than $20. So, buy one!
- Cannabis Seeds or Clones: You’ll need to decide whether or not you’ll want to use seeds or clones. If you are using seeds, I would consider buying your cannabis seeds from an online seed bank. This is another, don't know if sees are equipment or not. But, who cares? This is important!
- Pure Water: Unless you are sure that your water source it potable, you should use a water filter to ensure that your water doesn’t contain any unnecessary ingredients like fluoride or other contaminants. You can get your water either via through a filter or buy water by the gallon at your local store.
- Best Soil And Hydroponic PH Testers-Meters: Too high or too low PH levels in your garden can be disastrous. That is why it is essential that you know the PH level of your cannabis plants. You can buy PH test strips for under $10. So, you have no excuse. Click the above link for more information
Optional Grow Equipment
- Grow Tent or Box: If you are growing in a dark area (closet, attic, etc.) a tent or box is not absolutely essential, as you can purchase a Mylar sheet to stop any light coming into your room. However, if you can afford it, I would recommend that you purchase either a grow tent box. They not only make it easier for you to maintain an acceptable growing environment for; but, they also work to keep pests and mold away from your plants.
- CO2 Regulators: This isn't absolutely necessary. But, Proper carbon dioxide levels can potentially improve your cannabis yield up to 30%.