Blunt or Bowl-Which One is Right For You?
If you are a newbie weed smoker you might wonder what is better a blunt or a bowl. Or, you might be a seasoned
What You Can Expect
This article will give you the pros and cons of each
What Is a Blunt?
A blunt is a cigar that has been hallowed out and then ground
How Did Blunt Get Its Name?
The reason for the blunt name is that the discount cigar brand, Phillies Blunt, were commonly used to make one. Blunt’s also are also made with Swisher Sweet Cigarillos, White Owl Blunts, Dutch Masters, and pretty much any sturdy cheap cigar.
Is a Spliff The Same as a Blunt?
Spiffs are not so popular in the United States. So, if you are from the United States you may have not ever seen one being smoked. The spliff and a blunt both contain tobacco. The difference though is that a traditional blunt wrap only contains tobacco in the outer papers. A spliff though contains tobacco wrapped up inside by the rolling papers.
Is the Twisty Glass Blunt Pipe the Same As a Cigar Blunt?-A Twisty Glass Blunt Pipe is a glass tube that weed is packed into and smoked. As it does not contain any tobacco its only connection with a blunt is its name.
What is a bowl?
For purposes of this article, a bowl is considered to be either a pipe or a bong. Examples of bong and weed pipes are listed below.
• Gravity Bong
• Hand Pipe
These are just a few examples. You can also make a DIY Pipe using aluminum foil, a plastic water bottle (I don’t recommend this), and other materials.
Pros and Cons of The Blunt
If you are not a tobacco or cigar smoker you might not be aware that cigar rolling papers contain tobacco. Depending on your point of view this can be either good or bad. I will now go over the pros and cons of the blunt.
• Social-A blunt, like a joint, is easy to pass around. So, a blunt tends to be more social than a bong or pipe.
• Lasts Longer-A blunt burns much slower than a bowl or a joint.
• Tobacco-Tobacco has a distinctive taste that is enjoyed by many. And many
• Buzz-The tobacco from the cigar wrap results in a different kind of high than you would have if you just smoked straight weed.
• Concealeable-Blunts when prepped beforehand are easier to hide than a glass hand pipe or most other smoking devices. And to the untrained, eye, a blunt may look just like a regular cigar.
• Nicotine-A true blunt is rolled up in either cigar papers that contain tobacco or specialized, tobacco, blunt rolling paper. As you know tobacco contains nicotine. As a result, a blunt could either make you start up a cigarette habit or if you had quit, start-up smoking again.
• Co2– A 2010 study found that the nicotine in blunts causes a weed smoker to inhale more toxic carbon monoxide than if they were to just smoke weed.
• Worse Then Cigarettes-The studies didn’t specifically state this; but, a blunt might be actually worse than cigarettes because with blunts, to enhance your high, you deeply inhale the smoke.
Pros and Cons of a Bowl
What Are The Benefits of Bongs?
Although a pipe and bong are obviously different; these pros and cons will include both the bong a pipe.
- Dosage Control– Dosage control is easier with a bong or a one-hitter weed pipe. You just put the desired amount of weed in the bowl. On the other hand, a proper blunt needs a specific amount of weed for it to work.
- No Nicotine-Unless you are smoking marijuana with a hookah and using shisha tobacco, a pure pipe or bong rip does not contain nicotine.
- Smoother Smoke-The water in a bong or water pipe filters and cools down the smoke, which results in a smoother marijuana smoking experience.
- Extra Crap-Blunts and joints are disposable. So, there is not any waste involved after you are done smoking. On the other hand, to be safe, if you are out and about, you will need to throw your pipe away when you are finished.
- Breakable-Breakable glass is the most commonly used weed pipe material.
I am not a smoker and I dislike cigarette smoking. Therefore, I am biased against tobacco. However, biases aside it has been scientifically proven that tobacco with its nicotine has been proven to cause lung cancer and other respiratory-related problems like COPD, emphysema, etc. On the other hand, a blunt though is a decent option if you run out of papers and want to enjoy some weed among friends. Personally, I would stick to a bong, pipe and for traveling I would consider vaping.