Is The “Cheap” Golden Bell Grinder Worth Buying?
Golden Bell Grinders are made in China and they are very popular. Other than that, their company is somewhat of a mystery. They have a website; however, it; doesn’t say anything about their company. All it does is describe products that they make and it does not mention anything about their company history or culture. However, their grinders are very affordable, very popular (thousands of reviews), and on Amazon, they have very high ratings.
Popularity doesn’t always mean quality. So, I will review and tell you my opinion on whether or not you should purchase these grinders or pass on them.
Golden Bell makes four models, all of which cost less than $20. I will only be reviewing their most popular model, which is the Golden Bell 4 Piece Grinder.
Other than the price, size, and looks, all of their products are essentially the same. Their best selling weed grinders also are the only ones that have a high number of reviews. Therefore, at the end of this review, I will only mention their other, less popular grinders in passing.
Golden Bell Grinders Common Features
Some of the common features that appear on most, if not all, of their grinders, are the following:
- Stylish Options-numerous styles like traditional black, rainbow colors, and even a skull.
- Heavy Duty Zinc Alloy Construction
- Sharp Diamond Shaped Teeth-This makes for an efficient and precise cut
- Sturdy-Made of, high quality, heavy-duty materials, which means excellent durability
- Magnetized Lid
Golden Bell Grinders Review
Golden Bell 4 Piece 2″ Spice Grinder
The Golden Bell 4 Piece is their best selling model and also an Amazon’s top seller. It cost well under $20, and the only difference between this and other of their models is the style.
- Product Specifications
- Size: 2X1.65 Inches
- Primary Material: Heavy Duty Zinc Alloy
- Pollen Catcher :
- Color Options: Black, Ancient Silver, Blue, Gold, Green, Red, Rose Gold, Silver
- Warranty: Lifetime, No Questions Asked Warranty
- Package Content: 1-Grinder and 1 Pollen Scraper
PROS AND CONS
- Very High Ratings and Numerous Reviews-These grinders have 10k+ ratings that are predominately positive.
- Best Selling-This is Golden Bell and Amazon’s number one seller. It is not a rash assumption to make that being a number one seller is a reliable indicator that that, for what you are paying for, it is a premium grinder.
- Excellent Customer Service-At first, I was a bit skeptical when seeing their “lifetime warranty,” and Money Back Guarantee.” Sure, these claims seemed good on paper. But, the warranty was lacking in detail. However, numerous positive reviews mentioned that they got a new one shipped to them upon making a complaint in Amazon reviews. Reviewers were so impressed at this customer service that they even changed their review to five stars.
- Kief Collector-The pollen or kief collector is said to work well and also large.
- Design-The user-friendly design is refreshing. I.E. A smooth twist off lid.
- Size-It’s said to be compact and easy to take with you and work quickly and efficiently.
- Efficient Grinding Action-The thin poly o ring made for smooth grinding. For example, a reviewer stated that it took him only ten minutes to get the job done when it took him took 15 minutes using another model.
- Bud Collector-Even positive reviewers mentioned that they were disappointed at the flower compartment’s small size that holds the weed or whatever you are grinding. The small size meant that it tends to spill easier and grind less weed.
- Paint Chips-The main complaint was that the paint tended to chip off. Even reviewers (who were given a new one) mentioned that this was a problem.
- Screen-A reviewer complained that the kief mesh screen is too large, which results in too large material being sifted. To be fair, though, they did not mention what they were grinding, and it may have not even been weed.
Final Thoughts And Recommendations
Golden Bell makes discount grinders. So, it is not reasonable to compare the Golden Bell 4 Piece weed grinder to a $90 or more stylish premium grinder. However, no matter how cheap something is, you need the product to get the job done.
Granted, there are a few negative trends that come up in reviews. (I.E., chipped paint) However, based upon the over 10K reviews, high ratings, and the Golden Bell is a number one bestseller, I don’t believe that the chipped paint or other issues indicate a trend. Those issues likely indicate that the specific product was a lemon and not that the Golden Bell grinder has an overall quality control issue.
Based on Golden Bell’s customer service, you can be confident that they will stand by their lifetime warranty. Golden Bell is for those looking for a discount or portability. Also, if you are not satisfied, they will either ship you a new one or refund your money. In conclusion, as long as you have realistic expectations, Golden Bell weed grinders are recommended.
If you are interested, either click the above images or click the image below.
Chromium Crusher-Around the same price. However, it is not as popular, which means fewer reviews. Good rep though.
Kozo- Please see my review for the Kozo grinder
The following cost more than the Golden Bell and have not been reviewed
Golden Gate Grinder
Not Enough Reviews To Make An Accurate Recommendation For These Grinders
Golden Bell Four Piece, Barrel Shaped
- Size: 2.2 by 1.7″.
- Primary Material: Zinc Alloy
- Kief Catcher: Yes
- Color Options: Rainbow
- Warranty: Lifetime, No Questions Asked Warranty
- Includes: 1-Herb Grinder and 1 Pollen or Kief Scraper
Other than it being slightly larger and the rainbow color, this is essentially the same product as their 2-inch model.
Golden Bell, Hand-Cranked
Size: 2 by 2.”
Golden Bell, Skull, Bronze (Three Parts)
- Size: 3 by 1.45″.
- Color Options: Bronze
- Includes: 1-Grinder
Why Zinc In The First Place?
Zinc alloy does have excellent features, some of which are that it is cheaper than stainless steel, corrosion-resistant, and rust-proof. You can also mix zinc easily with other metals.
The disadvantages of zinc are minimal in that it is considered by some to be not as good looking as other common materials. Also, it is not as strong as some other metal.
Is Zinc Safe?
The big question, though, that needs to be addressed is zinc safe? The short answer is that it is even safer than aluminum.
FYI-The scientific consensus is that aluminum is a perfectly safe material for weed grinders. CLICK HERE for further info.
Zinc, though, is a mineral that is essential for your health. For example, it helps heal wounds, immunity, reproductive health, and the synthesis of your DNA. Too much zinc, like any substance (even water), can be harmful. For example, too much zinc can lead to nausea, changes in your taste, and also cause you to have flu symptoms.
The chance of getting zinc poisoning through grinding weed, spice, or any substance is meager. First of all, if you buy even one that is even of average quality, the chance of fragments, breaking off, is minimal. Additionally, it takes tremendous amounts of for you to be poisoned. So, a few shavings would likely not harm you.