Humboldts Secret Golden Tree Fertilizer Review
Humboldt’s Secret is a fertilizer company located in San Diego, CA. They make many different types of fertilizers and are highly praised by mainstream gardeners and also
Humboldts Secret Golden Tree
Humboldt’s Secrets Golden Tree is praised by both commercial growers (On their website you can even purchase a 55-gallon drum for $13,000) and home growers. Golden Tree (proven through field trials) activates enzymes involved in plant growth, increases the rate of photosynthesis, and helps increase the rate of photosynthesis and cell division.
It also does the following:
● Accelerate the development of plant roots
● Maximize the yield and quality of your plants
● Help resurrect nearly dead or dying plants.
● Aids in pathogen defense
● Provides nitrogen assimilation to grow bigger plants
● Helps with essential oil production
At first glance, Golden Tree seems expensive as the average home customer only purchases 2 ounces. But, it is highly concentrated, and, depending on how large your crops are, two ounces can last an entire season.
It is not meant to used alone and they recommend that you combine Humbolds Golden Tree with their A B base product.
Golden Tree Ingredients and Product Specifications
The following are Golden Tree’s product specifications that are listed on their website.
- Miscellaneous Ingredients: It is a simple product that contains an unknown mix of carbs, minerals, and amino acids.
- Active Ingredients: Its main active ingredient is 2% Potash derived from Kelp.
- Grow Mediums: You can use Golden Tree for all grow mediums, like hydroponics, aeroponics, COCO, DWC, and as a soil food additive. (Definition- Grow Mediums-Is any substance where a plant can grow. Some examples are hydroponics, soil, coco noir.)
- How Much Is Needed: The website says that a 16-ounce solution can make around 470 gallons.
- Active Ingredient: 2% Potash that is made from Kelp.
- Product Size Offerings: On Amazon, it ranges from a 2 oz bottle to a 5-gallon drum.
Golden Tree specifically states that it is NOT an all in one additive and that, if used, it needs to be combined with their A B base product or the Humboldts Secret Starter Kit that contains Golden Tree, Cal-Mag and Iron, Plant Enzymes, Flower stacker, and other plant food.
Amazon Pros and Cons Review Summary
- Reviews and Ratings- Nearly 3,000 reviews and extremely high ratings.
- Revives Plants-Multiple positive reviews stated that Golden Tree helped to revive sickly plants. The revival of nearly dead or dying plants is said to work for
- both common house plants and
cannabis. One reviewer mentioned that, with Golden Tree, he was able to heal a plant cutting.
- Growing-Works well for giving your plants a positive boost for plant growth and also aids your plant’s health Reviewers claimed that Golden tree gave it’s users excellent growth in as little and a weeks’ time.
- Economical-At first glance, as it is a small amount, Golden Tree’s sale price seems quite expensive. Based upon the instructions Humboldts Golden Tree will last a while. For example, almost all positive reviews mentioned that 2 oz of it goes a long way. So, depending upon the size of your crops that two oz container may last an entire season.
- Proven-Humboldt’s Secret Golden Tree has been used for over 22 years.
- Excellent Support- Humboldt has a handy feed chart on their website
● Smells Awful-Even positive reviews mentioned that Golden Tree smelled like a sewer. It said to be so pungent that you can even smell it through the plastic container. This is not much of a problem for outdoor gardening. However, the bad smell would be a problem for
● Not an All In One Additive-Golden Tree is a highly specialized product that only contained 2% potash. On their website, they specifically state this fact and they recommend that you combine it with their A and B base product. (I’m quite positive you could also combine other more generalized fertilizers with Golden Tree)
● Fake Reviews- A one-star review stated that he heard rumors that customers were given a free product. And that was the reason for the high reviews. I have no idea if this claim is true or not. Many companies do though give out free products and this could have a slight effect on a review. Green Thumbs treat their plants like their babies. This I especially so with
Golden Tree’s Application
Golden Tree is simple to use. If you can mix the right amount in water; you can use it. Below are the summarized best practices for its use.
1. Vigorously shake the bottle and carefully measure from 2 to 5 milliliters of fertilizer per gallon of water.
2. Pour Golden Tree into a water reservoir or a watering can and mix thoroughly.
Use Golden Tree For The Following
It can be used both for a plant’s roots and also the leaves (”Foliar”) For best result, use it one to three times per week.
Golden Tree is an excellent product that is also relatively cheap. I was especially impressed by the number of positive reviews stating that it can be used to help plant growth and also revive dead or dying plants. Based upon its high ratings, and good value I would recommend that it be purchased along with at the minimum Humboldts Secret Base A B product or another fertilizer companies equivalent. Also, if you can afford it; you should consider their Starter Pack, which contains everything a newbie and experienced grower will be needing.
To put it in scientific terms Humboldts Secret Golden Tree is “good stuff.” As long as you make sure that is used correctly, and combine it with other fertilizers, you can be ensured of an increased yield and quality for your plants.