Kozo Grinders Review- Are They Worth Buying?
Kozo Grinder Review
Kozo Herb Grinders manufactures a mid-price, affordable, and highly rated herb grinder. Kozo designs their product for cannabis users, or at least they do not pretend that people will use it only for herbs for the kitchen.
This is quite unique as many other, highly rated, herb grinder companies, seem to pretend that their product will only be used for grinding up dry herbs.
This is especially evident as they also sell the following related products:
Stash Boxes-Stash boxes cost from approximately $30 to $60.
Smell Proof Jars-Their jars cost from between $22 to $30
Kozo Grinders do not expressly state that they are for cannabis. However, they also did not pretend that their product would be used only for grinding up culinary herbs. Kozo’s honesty is refreshing, and also it indicates that their weed grinders were designed for Cannabis smokers.
Kozo Grinders are very impressive at first glance. But does it work as good as it looks on paper? I will answer this question and more in this review
KOZO Grinders Company
The brand Kozo is a mystery, which is unusual as they are a top-seller on Amazon. I could not find their website, and their only presence on the web (Other than Amazon) was their Facebook and Instagram pages.
Update-I private messaged Kozo Grinders on their Facebook page and they quickly replied stating that they did not have a website.
As for where they are made, I am confident that they are made in China as I saw them on a wholesale Chinese website.
Is Aluminum Dangerous?
The grinders are made from aluminum, which is a toxic substance. As a result, there is some controversy concerning aluminum being used in weed grinders. In short, based on my research, you should not worry. Please go to the Appendix at the end for a further explanation.
Kozo Grinders Review
The manufacturer’s official name for these grinders is the Kozo Best Herb Grinder. Are they the best or even close to being the best? Read more to find out . . .
Kozo Grinders offers two models: Large 4 Piece 2 and 1/2 inch and a 4″ Model) Each of these models has the same name, so it can be quite confusing. The price is the best way to id either model with the cheap herb grinder (2.5″) costs less than $30, and the 4″ model cost less than $75.
I cannot find any difference between their higher and lower-priced herb grinders. The more expensive models are not the upgraded versions and their economy grinders are upgraded. Other than mentioning, the 4″ model, I will only review the 2.5″ model.
Cheap Herb Grinder
Kozo Herb Grinder-Large 4 Piece 2 5 Inches)
Kozo 4″ Weed Grinder
The Kozo Grinder large 4 piece 2 5″ and 4″ economy, weed grinders have almost perfect, 5 stars, ratings, and also they among the most reviews I have seen for any product on Amazon. As stated earlier, Kozo’s cheaper grinders are an upgraded version with a “new and approved” design. These new design, “improvements” are listed below:
- Mesh Screen-The included, removable, mesh screen is now deeper, which makes it able to hold more cannabis and they claim it is also more stable.
- Strong Magnetic Lid– The lid is said to be so secure that you can turn it over, and the lid will stay on.
- Improved Design-The well-designed, aluminum chambers makes it easy to clean.
KOZO (Four Piece) Weed Grinder Product Specifications
- Sizes: 2.5″, 4″
- Main Material: Anodized Aluminum
- Kief Catcher: Yes
- Color Options: Pink, Black, Blue, Dark Black, Green, Purple, Red, Rose Gold, Silver, Gold
- Warranty: 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. However, there is no mention of how many years the guarantee lasts, limitations, or if there is a money-back guaranty.
- Weight: 5.6 Ounces
- Product Ratings-Nearly perfect rating at close to 10K reviews
- Affordable Price- The economy model at less than $30 they are likely affordable to almost everyone.
- Top Seller-#2 Amazon Best Sellers Rating
- Perfect Size-The deep compartments hold a lot of weed, yet it is compact and easy to take with you.
- Consistency-Sharp grinding teeth that put out a consistent product. Also, cannabis does not tend to stick.
- Keif Catcher-The kief catcher is removable, which some reviewers did not care for; but, this feature does make it easy to clean. I also find it impressive that they include a screen brush.
- Stong Magnetic Top-The magnetic top is said to be very strong, which backs up Kozo’s claim.
- Blades-Blades are incredibly sharp, which makes for a consistent cut, and weed doesn’t get stuck.
- Holes-The grinder holes are said to work well in making sure that the kief is correctly sifted.
- Best Grinder For The Money-According to reviewers, Kozo, for its price, is the best weed grinder on the market
- Grip-Indentations make the Kozo easy to hold.
- Large Chamber- The chambers hold plenty of ground material.
- Keif Catcher-The catcher is not screwed in; as a result, it is easy for the catcher to slide out and for the kief to spill. This issue also seems to most often when grinding weed.
- Accessibility Problems- A reviewer who had arthritis mentioned that he had a tough time unscrewing the 3rd and four-compartment of the grinder because of the new design. (Bud Holder, and Keif Catcher)
- Not Enough Teeth-50 teeth for a grinder is recommended, and Kozo Grinder’s have well below the recommended 50 teeth.
- Transparency-In this day and age only having a Facebook page is simply not acceptable. To be fair though, their Facebook page does have a Florida phone number listed.
For the price, Kozo Grinders 2.5″ weed grinder cannot be beaten. Their near-perfect, 5 stars, rating for these grinders has the most reviews that I have seen for any cannabis-related product. (Or any Amazon product) I am especially impressed by how this grinder is praised for its sharp teeth and consistent cut.
I have no reason to think that the lousy review is not sincere. However, most of the complaints were based upon personal preference, and the poor reviews are few and far between. As a result of the following, the Kozo Grinder 2.5″ is definitely recommended.
Buyer Beware: I cannot tell any difference (assuming they are different) between the two weed grinder models. The, much more expensive model does hold more weed. If holding more weed is not a priority, I would save yourself money and buy their lower cost grinder.
A Note On Aluminum
Aluminum can be a toxic substance, and there have been studies linking aluminum poisoning to dementia. So, this fear of aluminum poisoning is reasonable. As a result, many cannabis smokers are wary of using and buying an aluminum weed grinder because they are afraid that aluminum shavings from the grinder may fall off into the weed as it is being ground up. The shavings will then be ingested into your lungs when you are smoking, which can cause neurological and other assorted health problems.
This fear is thankfully unfounded. First of all, high quality (like the Kozo) aluminum grinders models are known for durability. Therefore, it is highly unlikely that you will ever encounter aluminum shavings mixed in with your weed. Also, it will not be harmful even if some aluminum shavings do fall into your weed because aluminum is only toxic when it reaches 600 degrees Fahrenheit, and 600 degrees is far higher than any lighter will reach. So, any fears of ingesting toxic aluminum into your lungs are baseless