Ultimate VenTech Carbon Filter Review
VenTech’s, Activated Virgin Charcoal
Carbon Filter Review
Growing cannabis indoors has plenty of advantages., IE. Can grow weed 365 days out of a year, complete control over the growing area and environment. (Temperature, lighting, water, temperature, etc.)
Still, growing weed indoors does have one major problem-Smell!
Indoor growing may smell up your house and also attract unwanted and potentially dangerous attention from your neighbors. So, a quality carbon filter combined with a quality inline duct fan is a must.
Filter and Inline Duct Fan Combo Currently Not Available
At one time you were able to purchase a kit that contained both the carbon filter and their inline duct fan. However, as of September 22, 2020, it is not available.
Ventech Company Background
This carbon filter is one of the cheapest on Amazon, and you can save up $50 if you buy from VenTech. If you can save money, why not save money?
Is this carbon filter, which comes in 4 and 6″ models, something you should investigate? Or, should you stay with a more well-known carbon filter? I will answer this an more in my review.
Click the image below if you want to check out this listing on Amazon.
4 Inch Carbon Filter
- Flow: 190 CFM
- Diameter: 7 and 1/2″ x 1′
- Estimated Life: 18 months
- Includes: One Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter, One-Pre-filter, And One Product Manual
6 Inch Carbon Filter
- Flow: 440 CFM
- Diameter: 6″ x 20″
- Estimated Life: 18 months
- Includes: One Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter, One-Pre-filter, And one Product Manual
VenTech Filter’s Pros and Cons
- Overall, very high ratings
- All reviews that specifically mentioned that it was being used for a grow room gave the Ventech a top rating for grow area smell control.
- Reasonable price
- Solid construction, and overall mad well
- Eco-Friendly- The filter is reusable and is stated to last up after 18 months of use.
- Not For Indoors? VenTech’s features a disclaimer stating that this should NOT be used in enclosed areas. I’m pretty confident that this is just CYA, lawyer, crap. But, it still makes me a bit wary.
- Filter Design-Multiple reviewers stated that the filter, which uses virgin charcoal, was packed too loosely with charcoal, which resulted in the charcoal either making a mess upon it being received. One reviewer even said that the virgin charcoal leak even contaminated his grow room inline duct fan.
- Lasting- A few low reviews stated that it only worked for around a month to six months when it says it is supposed to work for 1 and 1/2 years.
- Warranty- They only has a 90 day, money-back guarantee. VenTech does not mention what happens after the 90 days. (Many companies would give you a replacement and not a refund after the warranty has expired) However, this product is stated to last for 18 months. So, I don’t know what would happen if it stops working on the 91st day?
I would recommend this reviewed carbon filter for the following reasons:
- High Amazon rating
- Top-20 Amazon bestseller rating
- Excellent rating for the user’s mentioning that it was being used for a grow room.
- Very Reasonable price
Overall, they makes an excellent, low-priced, carbon filter, and I would recommend it for any home grower who needs to keep his nosey neighbors out of his or her’s business.
If you are interested, check out this carbon filter by clicking the image below.