- 1 Guide For Preventing And Curing Weed Smoker Lips
- 2 Can Smoking Cannabis Cause Weed Smokers Lips?
- 3 Why Do Lips Turn Black From Smoking Weed?
- 4 How To Get Rid of Black Lips
- 5 Prevention
- 6 Home Made Remedies
- 7 Sugar, Honey, and Lemon Exfoliator
- 8 Lip Balm For Weed Smokers
- 9 How To Get Rid of Black Lips from smoking weed
- 10 Conclusion
- 11 You May Be Interested
Guide For Preventing And Curing Weed Smoker Lips
Weed smokers lips or just plain weed lips is a slang term used when a smoker’s lips turn an unnatural black color.
Smoker’s lips usually show up as an uneven dark color and occasionally they will be dark brown or even a blotchy purple color.
Abnormal, dark lips normally sneak up on you and it can be a sign that you smoke weed, which is no else’s business but your own. So, if dark lips suddenly come out of nowhere, you are likely wondering about the following:
- Does smoking pot cause my lips to turn black?
- Why does smoking weed make my lips darker?
- How can I prevent it from happening in the first place?
- Are there any dark lips from smoking weed remedies?
Can Smoking Cannabis Cause Weed Smokers Lips?
Many assume that the main reason that naturally pink lips turn dark is because of smoking weed or cigarettes. Assumptions can get you in trouble. So, it is good to ask: Does smoking pot cause you to have black lips?
The short answer is that it depends as there are a few reasons why your lips may turn darker. Cannabis smoking though is a known cause of weed lips. (Cigarette smoke or any type of smoke can cause black lips also)
So, how does smoking weed cause black lips?
Why Do Lips Turn Black From Smoking Weed?
There are a few reasons that cannabis smoke and other first or second-hand smoke can cause you to have darker lips. Some of these reasons for darker lips are just because of smoking. Other reasons though are not related to smoking. Each of these though when combined can cause this issue to occur.
- Dehydration-Weed smoke, causes your lips to have less oxygen, and get dehydrated.
- Heat-The heat from a pipe, joint, dab, etc. (caused by resin) can give you the infamous weed smoker lips.
- Hygiene-Poor hygiene can also make your lips darker.
- Allergies– An allergic reaction to lipstick, toothpaste, lip balm, etc, can all cause your lips to change color.
- Sucking Your Lips-This will likely occur from either smoking or a bad habit.
- Too Much Sun-Lip balm can help you here.
How To Get Rid of Black Lips
What Can Be Done?-You can prevent and also fix the problem or if your lips are already dark from smoking.
Prevention is the best way to stop your lips from turning black. This means follow proper hygiene and use lip moisturizer.
Keeping your lips hydrated is the best way to prevent your lips from turning darker. And you can keep your lips moist by using either a store-bought lip balm or a home-made remedy, which I will show later.
Home Made Remedies
Sugar, Honey, and Lemon Exfoliator
The sugar, honey, and lemon all work together to help you keep your natural pink lips. The sugar exfoliates your skin. (Exfoliation is when dead skin cells are removed from your skin’s surface) The honey is a moisturizer that prevents and provides relief from dry lips. The lemon juice helps you get your natural pink lips back.
- Small portions of sugar (2 Tsp), honey (1 Tsp), and 1/2 lemon, petroleum jelly, or other natural skin moisturizers.
- Equipment Needed: Toothbrush
- Mix the sugar and honey together.
- With your toothbrush, rub the substance on your lower and upper lip in a circle for approximately five minutes. (Or longer depending upon how black your lips are)
- After you are finished, take the lemon and rub it on your lips for another five minutes.
- Leave the lemon juice there for a few more minutes.
- Rinse the juice off and then apply the petroleum jelly (“vaseline”) to your lips.
- Instead of petroleum jelly, you can use coconut oil, olive oil, aloe Vera, avocado butter almond oil, and other skin moisturizers.
Click Here, for a list of 13 natural skin moisturizers.
The above natural exfoliator also works as an acne home remedy and is excellent for overall skin car.
Lip Balm For Weed Smokers
Lip bam isn’t just for chapped lips, it also can also lessen or even prevent lip discoloration. So, besides, using the above home-made exfoliating recipes that I showed previously, you should also regularly apply lip balm.
You probably realize that you have many options for lip balm other than Chapstick. For example, Burt’s Bees is a natural lip balm that thousands of ratings and a great reputation.
Also, you can buy specialized hemp lip balm on Amazon, like this highly popular product.
And, don’t forget the old standby, Blistex.
You’ll likely be just fine with regular balm (I.E. Burt’s Bees, Chapstick, Blistex, etc.) Specialized lip balm though is relatively cheap. So, I would recommend, if you are interested, that you try both the traditional and also the hemp and see, which one works best for you.
How To Get Rid of Black Lips from smoking weed
It gets quite a bit more complicated if your lip color has already changed from cannabis smoke or smoking cigarettes. Depending upon how bad they are, home remedies might fix your problem.
And if home remedies are not working, you can then take more drastic measures like laser treatments. I will briefly explain each below.
- Exfoliation-A sugar, honey, and lemon exfoliant (or most other skin exfoliations) will prevent and may be able to lighten your lip color.
- OTC Remedies– Numerous products claim they can lighten your lip color. I do not have time to review these products. So, do your research before you purchase any of these products.
- Cosmetic Surgery-Laser surgery can help you with this problem.
- Other Natural Methods-Coconut oil, Almond oil, and other natural ingredients can help you change your lip color.
The best way to prevent weed lips is prevention. By regularly exfoliating your lips, proper hygiene, and keeping your lips moist, you should avoid overly black lips. However, if they do show up, try the home-made solutions or consider the laser treatments that I listed in this article. Also, if it really annoys you; you should limit your smoking and either vape or use edibles instead.
You May Be Interested
Click the links below if you are interested in whether or not weed can affect the following: