What is Scissor Hash?
Cannabis Growers Should Look Forward To Trimming Bud
Properly trimming, drying, and curing weed is crucial if you want to get the most out of your marijuana plant cultivation. Trimming weed though is a pain in the rear. One part of trimming that is especially annoying is when the THC resin glands or kief sticks to your trimming scissors. If you know what you are doing, these sticky scissors that can be made into scissor hash, are a blessing in disguise.
Scissor hash allows you to turn the gummy residue into a potent hash that can be used for scissor hash cannabutter or you can simply place it on a bowl and smoke away.
What is Scissor Hash (AKA Finger Hash)
Previously, I’ve done articles on popular DIY hash production methods of QWISO, and BHO. Another popular type of DIY hashish is bubble hash (AKA-Ice Water Hash) and Dry Ice hash. There is nothing wrong with either of these methods. However, each of these hash types can be hard to make and, when solvents, like rubbing alcohol and butane are used they can also be potentially dangerous.
Scissor Hash though is an entirely different animal, as unlike other types of hash, no cooking is required. Essentially, with scissor hash, the only danger you have is handling sharp gardening shears.
How Is it Defined?
In simple terms, scissor hash is a
Why Would You Make Scissor Hash?
There are many reasons why you should look into making scissor hash. Some of the more important are listed below:
- Instant Gratification -Before you can start smoking, you will have to wait from three to seven days to drying and a month or more for curing. Scissor hash lets you bypass the drying and curing process as it allows you to smoke wet
- Eco and Wallet Friendly- Scissor hash utilizes marijuana plant material that would normally have been discarded.
How Potent Is Scissor Hash
Scissor hash consists of, normally discarded, resin stalks and plant material. As a result, you might assume that it would be sub-par and not very potent. This assumption would be wrong as this form of hashish can reach extremely high THC levels. Some users even compare scissors hash as being like a prime sirloin steak.
How Do You Make Scissor Hash
Making scissors hash is a simple process that I’d normally show you a video. But, the video showing this process is aged restricted on Youtube and can’t be embedded. So, here’s the link, and below is a summary of the steps.
DIY Scissor Hash
The process is started once your trimming scissors or shears are gummed with resin and plant material. See the picture below for an example of what you should be looking for.
- Scrape -Scrape off the resin and plant material that are stuck to the scissors. (Be sure to scrape off all blade sides)
- Roll- the residue into a ball and either flatten out and smoke it now or dry it and save it for later.
- Sanitize Scissors – Clean Up the scissors by pouring rubbing alcohol on a paper towel then proceed to wipe down the blades until they are clear of any resin.
Repeat these steps until the resin sticks to the scissors or until you run out of weed to trim.
How To Decarb Scissor Hash
Raw Scissor Hash has can be enjoyed as is. All you have to do is flatten out the hash balls and sprinkle a bit on top of your bowl and start smoking. Provided it is also decarbed, scissor hash can also be used for edibles. This article will tell you all you need to know about decarbing marijuana.
Below is a quick recap on an easy DIY method for decarbing your hash.
- Scissor Hash Balls
- Oven-Safe Baking pan or Cookie Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Prepare-Place parchment paper onto the pan.
- Break It Up-By hand break up the hash balls into very small segments.
- Place It-Spread the broken segments onto the plan and place them in the oven.
- Decarb-Decarb your weed by baking it in the oven at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for around 25 minutes.
Scissor hashish is an easy and rewarding way to get instant gratification as it allows you to smoke wet